virtual ‘camp’ camp 2021: august 22-29
another fun week of online summer camp: $75-$125
‘Camp’ Camp will be held virtually again in 2021 due to COVID-related issues & concerns. Though obviously not the same as gathering in person in Maine, those Campers who joined us for Virtual Camp last summer – including some folx who had never been to Camp before – told us their week was the best (virtual) time ever! Don’t believe us? Check out some of their testimonials about Virtual Camp 2020 here.
For those who are interested in our traditional summer camp for LGBTQ adults, we’ve kept all those details at the bottom of this page, so you’ll know what to expect when you join us when we return to gorgeous southwestern Maine in August 2022 (and we will!) In the meantime…
Registration for Virtual Camp 2021 is now open! This year, we’re offering three options to join in on all the online summer camp-themed fun:
- $125 FULL ACCESS PASS Ready to do it all? Register for complete access to all of the week’s activities and Evening Social Events, as well as all the socializing with Camp friends old & new you can handle! If you haven’t yet been able to join us for ‘Camp’ Camp in Maine, this option is the best way to get a taste of the ‘Camp’ Camp experience and our fun & welcoming LGBTQ community.
- $75 SELECT PASS Have a busy week at work? Register for this limited-access pass and join us for opening & closing events both Sundays (August 22 & 29), daily Rainbow Group meetings, and any sessions that begin at 7pm EDT or later, including all of our fun, nightly Evening Social Events and late night hang out sessions.
- $15 INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS Only a few things catching your eye? Access the session/s of your choice for just $15 each.
Below is a draft/working schedule of all of this summer’s virtual programming so you can see all the fun & friends that you’ll enjoy when you join us. These views will update in real time as we finalize the week’s programming, so keep checking back throughout July & early August for the latest updates.
Please note all details noted here are still subject to change. We anticipate having the week’s schedule locked in by August 10. It will be noted here when all the fun is officially finalized!
Scroll through this view to see the full list of offerings. Click on a listed event to see full details & descriptions.
Here’s a calendar view of the working Virtual Camp 2021 schedule. Click on any event to see full details & descriptions.
‘Camp’ Camp traditionally takes place the last full week of August each year. (The final day of our schedule is strictly a departure day for Campers and most Staff.) Our all-inclusive Registration Fee covers all your activities, meals, and accommodations for the week, as well as complimentary round-trip transportation to Camp from Portland International Jetport or Portland bus or train stations.
If you have questions or want to talk more about whether ‘Camp’ Camp is the right vacation for you, please call or email us. If you are a member of Facebook, you might want to visit our Facebook page and post any questions or concerns you have there. Many veteran Campers are active on the page and will be happy to address your concerns or answer your questions themselves.
For a virtual taste of the ‘Camp’ Camp experience in the fall & winter, join us for ‘Camp’ Camp Plus, our virtual day camp for LGBTQ adults running October 2021 through April 2022.
one best-time-ever week for one all-inclusive price
Your Registration Fee of $1750* includes everything you will need for a great summer camp experience.
- Accommodations in communal cabins that sleep 5-20 men or women, with gender-neutral/co-ed space also available
- All meals & snacks
- Activities & Evening Social Events
- Beer & wine during select Evening Social Events
- Round-trip transportation to Camp from Portland, Maine airport, train, or bus station
- On-site parking
- 200+ new friends
What’s Not Included
- Transportation to/from Portland, Maine
- Premium services such as massages, Reiki, etc. (when offered)
- Camp Store purchases
- Supplemental fees ($10-$35) applicable to a few select activities such as Jewelry classes and Sightseeing trips (when offered)
- Beer & wine at the Best Time Wine Bar (available select evenings from 10:30pm-12:30am)
Other than transportation costs to Maine, all additional fees can be charged to your credit card through our Cashless ‘Camp’ Camp program. Details on how to enroll in Cashless ‘Camp’ Camp are included in our downloadable Welcome Packet which is made available to all registered Campers & Staff in early August.
* All fees include a 9% Maine Use & Lodging tax.
flexible fee schedule available
If our regular Registration Fees are out of your budget, please consider applying for a position on our staff. About half the people who attend Camp each year do so as part of our Staff and pay reduced fees in exchange for working at Camp. Depending on the position and the hours required, you can attend Camp for as little as $325. With over 75% of both our Campers and Staff returning year after year, it’s obvious that everyone who comes to Camp has the best time ever! Visit our Staff page for complete details on our Staff program, including the fee schedule and a list of available positions.
easy online registration & payment plans
Registering for ‘Camp’ Camp is easy! A $500 deposit is required to reserve a space for you at Camp with the balance of your fees due by July 15, or you can submit payment-in-full with your registration. Monthly payment plans are also available. Visit our “register!” page for complete details.
getting to camp
We happily provide complimentary round-trip transportation to Camp from Portland, Maine transportation hubs, including Portland International Jetport and the Portland Transportation Center. Parking is also available if you wish to drive to Camp. Additionally, our Transportation Coordinator may be able to assist in arranging carpools with other Campers from the New York City or Boston areas if/when available. Driving directions along with the exact address for our host camp are included in our downloadable Welcome Packet which will be available to all registered Campers & Staff in early August.
E-mail our Transportation department for further assistance and suggestions regarding transportation to Maine, including which airlines may offer the best fares into Portland, Maine.
The ‘Camp’ Camp Campership Fund allows those with a financial need to attend Camp by assisting them with payment of their fees. Including a donation to the Campership Fund with your registration fees is greatly appreciated, as the funds go a long way in making sure Camp is affordable for all who would like to attend. (Donations to the Campership Fund are not tax-deductible at this time.)
For details on applying for a Campership for ‘Camp’ Camp, please email us. Please note, however, that Camperships covering 100% of your Registration Fees are not available. Camperships are awarded based on need, and all recipients are required to contribute towards their Registration Fees and/or be a part of our Staff.
…See you in August!